- Prevent and control communicable diseases
- Improve and protect the health and well-being of the population
Public Health nurses:
- Follow up with persons with communicable diseases, inform them about preventive measures, and track people with whom they have been in contact;
- Follow up with contacts of persons with communicable diseases and inform them about the required screening and treatments;
- Consult and collaborate with physicians and other health care professionals;
- Raise awareness, inform and advise persons or groups.