A healthy diet:
- Is the basis for good health and a key element in human development from before birth to the end of life;
- Helps reduce the risks of chronic illnesses like obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease.
Public Health dietitians work with various partners to:
- Promote healthy eating habits;
- Prevent illnesses caused by poor nutrition;
Tube and Supplemental Feeding
The Tube and Supplemental Feeding Program provides specialized nutritional products for children and adolescents.
Public Health dietitians ensure that children meet the eligibility criteria and order and distribute products.
Who can receive this service?
- Children under 19 years of age who are residents of New Brunswick;
- Children who need specialized nutritional products to meet 50% or more of their caloric and nutritional needs.
How to request this service
- Be referred by a pediatrician or specialist;
- Be assessed by a clinical dietitian who confirms the need for the product.